Friday, September 30, 2011
He is here and doing well! More updates later. But we are back in the us of a!!!!!
Thursday, September 29, 2011
Wednesday, September 28, 2011
Well sitting in dc waiting on my flight to frankfort. Called to check on the hubs. Fever is down, ct scan was negative (no abcesses!!) And he could be off the vent when i get there! I think he is just trying to get better before i arrive so i dont flip out on him! =D cant wait to get to germany. Got my new pretty passport, awesome snacks, magazines, and best of all i found my ipod before i left! Woot! Deploymates def took care of me for this flight. Love and miss everyone back home. Especially the kids. But mimi says they are doing great. I will try to update once i arrive in germany. 12 hours........
Well made it to syracuse. Had to convince united airlines that i didnt have to pay for my bag (hello its on my orders!) But now i am all set.
Just talked to doc. Jeremy is still running a fever so they are doing a ct scan of his chest/abdomen and sinuses. Thinking he could have a sinus infection (common with intubation) or there may be a post-op infection. Wont have results til this afternoon but doc sees no real reason for him not flying friday! Woo hoo! They tried again to see how he would do without the ventilator and he went 20 min this time before they had to turn it back on! Thats awesome! So i am off to get something to drink (aka coffee!!!) Prayers for safe travels and his continued healing.
Tuesday, September 27, 2011
Going to germany. Spoke to doc about 330. Waiting now to talk to transportation to find out if we can even get me there with enough time to spend at least 12+ hours in germany before flying home with him friday. Doc said they were just too unsure if he could tolerate the pressure changes in the air today. His lungs are just still that coarse sounding. He is improving though!! They are just going to try not to push him off it as fast now.
I am exhausted. Think i maybe got 4 hours of sleep and was woken up about every 30min by something. Lets hope i am not too much of a zombie to get stuff done this morning. Gotta do one last load of laundry and try to pack. Please continue to pray. I will update as soon as i can.
Monday, September 26, 2011
and to his brothers: he flipped off the nurse when she told him not to try and take the tube out......sounds like simon right!?!? =)
Sunday, September 25, 2011
Saturday, September 24, 2011
ps: called and he is back out! whew! :D LOVE YOU BABY!!!!
total reminder that this is all for His glory and that whatever He has in store for us is so much better than anything we could ever imagine. Thank you all again for all the love and support and to my local friends thanks for the meals!!! not having to worry about cooking has freed me up to make sure i have everything ready to go to DC! thank you again!
Friday, September 23, 2011
Whats happened so far.....
On Tuesday Jeremy received a gunshot wound that went through his forearm into his abdomen on the side. It damaged his right kidney enough that the kidney had to be removed. He also has a grade 1 liver laceration (which will totally heal on its own). After the surgery to remove the bullet (and his kidney) his wound was left "open" and packed/sealed to make sure that if they needed to go back in they could. He arrived in Germany Thursday in the ICU and was still intubated, sedated, and stable. Everything looked GOOD once he got to Germany they were able to close the incision in his abdomen which is HUGE (in the sense of "this is awesome!" not size!)!!! It means that he is beginning to heal enough that they don't think they need to do anymore surgery.
Here is the the new stuff:
He was holding stable until late last night (still in ICU). Then he spiked a fever and began to have more difficulty breathing and his bp dropped. After stabilizing him they did a bronchial scope to test the fluid that has now built up in his lungs. They think he has pneumonia as well as sepsis (an infection of the blood). Doc also thinks he has bruising around his lungs from the gunshot wound/surgery that is causing his poor lung function. He is currently on more meds than I can count. 2 for his bp, lovenox to prevent clots, 3 antibiotics for the infections, and drugs to keep his pain under control and keep him asleep. As well as a feeding tube in his stomach to give him nutrients, and the ventilator so that his lungs don't have to work as hard. They wake him every shift (so twice a day) to do his checks (squeeze my hand, wiggle your toes etc) he fights the ventilator hardcore (his guys are going THATS SO SIMON!). They even caught him trying to sit up and pull the damn thing out this morning!!!! We know he IS fighting and that he CAN pull through this. his o2 is currently at 70% and they are planning on moving it down a smidge in a little bit to see how he tolerates it. They are planning to wake up again around 5am Germany time (11ish here). I asked if I could call and try to talk to him. I know he wont be able to speak to me but I think if he hears it from me rather than the nurses that we are doing good, that SOOOOOO many people are praying for him, that he has to get better cause I am not potty training the princess alone then maybe he will turn the corner!!!!
Some good news:
Doc thinks he will probably stay stable the next 24 hours with no major change in what they are doing but should be looking better after that. He offered to put in the order to have me come to Germany now. I said no. Only because i KNOW in my heart that I would be coming right back with him to DC on Tuesday. I really do think he will turn this corner and come to us Tuesday. Granted we wont be seeing him til after travel orders are made from DC by the Army but I am placing this in God's hands, His timing is perfect.