Friday, March 23, 2012

March for Babies 2012

MARCH FOR BABIES 2012 IS HERE!

WOOHOO!!!!!  This is the 2nd year (and prob last) that I have the honor of being the captain of "Fort Drum Moms" in the annual March for Babies walk to support March of Dimes. I LOVE my team. We raised almost $800 last year right after our husbands deployed. We were (surprisingly) a top 5 team for our walk in Oswego, NY!!!! AMAZING!!!! So we up'd our goal this year. I have a personal goal of raising $1,000 and our team goal is currently set at $2,000. We SOOOOO got this!!!! ;-)

But here's the thing, I NEED your help. I cant do it alone. To start let me tell you a little bit of why I support this awesome cause. They helped save Brooklyn from being born too early. Ok not them IN PERSON but because of their life saving research and information that they put out to the community I knew I was in pre-term labor and got medicine to have my labor stopped twice. She tried to come at 33 and 35 weeks. Thankfully we were able to keep her safe and snug for a couple more weeks and she was born at 37 weeks. Our story is one that is so good, so easy. But I know too many moms with heartbreaking stories. Ones that make you believe in true miracles. Like little June who was born at just 27 weeks while her family was vacationing in Orlando. Her birth and story of survival is nothing less than amazing. If it wasn't for some of the research that March of Dimes has funded, she probably wouldn't be here. She is a beautiful testimony to why we do this. Head over to "Sweet Tea and Sunshine" to see more about this AMAZING family that I am so blessed to have as friends.

With all that being said could you please do me a HUGE favor and hop on over to my March for Babies secure webpage (CLICK HERE)and donate? PLEASE?! It would mean the world to me to have your support. EVERY DOLLAR COUNTS! Thank you all so much! Please feel free to share the blog or MFB link with all your friends!!!!!

THANK YOU!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment