Sunday, October 9, 2011

getting back to "normal"

Well at least one of us is back to a "normal" life right now.  I am back in NY and had to take my mom to the airport today. Of course kids are sick and there were bills that needed to be paid and laundry to do.... Thankfully I have awesome neighbors who helped distract me by having the kids play outside all afternoon! Jackson is already passed out! Time to get the sick little princess in bed and try to finish getting things ready for Jeremys arrival. Still dont know when that will be but I havent even unpacked yet!!!!!


Today he seems to be doing pretty well, did stairs in physical therapy which is huge. He just keeps checking things off on the list so that he can get out of there!!!! Also found out that our fav surgeon (and one of the heads of his trauma team) is going to do her couple weeks of admin work so one of the other surgeons will be taking over his care. She has full confidence in him! I'm glad one of us does! lol! I love Dr. Malone! I dont want her to leave. Trusting that the plans that have been put into motion are going to go smoothly and that we are doing what God asks of us right now. We will hopefully have him home to Ft Drum sometime this week. It seems insane!!! I never thought it would be this quick......


On the plus side he got to meet one of the living Medal of Honor reciepients today, the one with the bionic hand that recently got his medal from President Obama. I am simply amazed that Jeremy had the chance to talk to him. Yesterday before I left we had the chance to meet and talk with the commanding general of the 101st airborne division. It was awesome to talk with him and here how he feels about what it takes to make a good unit and how you need good nco's, good squads, good platoons, to make everything click. Can't wait to see what tomorrow holds.

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything."
James 1:2-5

No comments:

Post a Comment