Saturday, January 28, 2012

New year, new start

I cant believe its been so long since I have posted anything!!! IM SORRY! I would love to say its been because I am so busy sipping mimosas and eating bon-bons but alas its been the exact opposite. Holidays, Jacksons school, Brooklyn starting school,  everyone getting sick, doctor appts, laundry, dog(s), and of course the never ending dishes and and and and and....... my list could go on forever.  I am pleased to say though that we are finally starting to feel some kind of normalcy in this house again.

Jeremy is (finally) with an actual company at WTU and has started more intense physical therapy. He has a new goal of running a half-marathon (no time frame yet). The doctors originally told him he would NEVER run again due to the nerve damage in his legs. When I reminded him of this fact he told me "have faith...". That I have, especially in what abilities God has given him. I am constantly amazed by the fact that he is even here, walking, breathing....   The excitement is building here as we prepare for his unit to come home from Afg. I cant wait to welcome them. I cant wait to have extra soldiers to feed again.

With all of this "new stuff" going on for us this year, I hve decided to expand this blog. More family stuff, crafts, more of our LIFE now that Jeremy is doing so well. I am forever grateful for the prayers and help the last 5 months as we have gone through this journey of his recovery. We are so blessed to have such amazing friends and family supporting us. So I hope you enjoy the "new" blog and its a little late but HAPPY NEW YEAR!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Erica! Thank you so much for visiting me and commenting on my blog! Your story is so touching...I went back and read thru the archives and I am so glad that your husband is home with you again and is on the road to recovery! I am so happy that your children have their Daddy back! You are a strong, amazing woman and you are doing an amazing job! Angie xo

    ReplyDelete